Palouse was settled in 1869 by William Ewing and the official town site was founded by W.P. Breeding in 1875. The name "Palouse" is also a regional term used to refer to portions of southeastern Washington and north central Idaho that contain vast farmlands. It was incorporated in 1888 and has maintained similar numbers in population over the past 100 years.
Palouse maintains a variety of attractions including: