Fredonia, Kansas Facts:
- County: Wilson
- Coverage Area (Total): 2.45 sq. miles
- Elevation: 896 ft.
- Population: 2,455
- Cities/Towns covered in local Names and Numbers Phone Book: Kansas – Altoona, Benedict, Caney, Chautauqua, Cherryvale, Coffeyville, Coyville, Dearing, Elk City, Fredonia, Havana, Independence, LaFontaine, Liberty, Neodesha, Niotaze, Peru, Sedan, Sycamore, Thayer, Tyro; Oklahoma – Copan, South Coffeyville, Wann
Fredonia was organized, named, and platted in 1868. Dr. J.J. Barrett erected the first town building, and the first religious building for the Congregational Church was built in 1871. When the church closed some years later, the building was transformed into a public library. In 1969, the old building was torn down and replaced with a new public library.
Fredonia maintains a variety of attractions including:Back to Top