Texas is a beef-loving state. Whether it’s barbeque, chicken-fried steak, or a piping hot ribeye, you are bound to find some excellent meat while dining here. Choosing the best steakhouse in Lubbock is a daunting task, but here are five, in no particular order, that you should check out:
1. Double Nickel: Special occasion? The Double Nickel offers great steaks in a beautiful atmosphere. Each steak comes with homemade creamed corn and potatoes. Enjoying an intimate dinner for two? Order the châteaubriand with peppercorn sauce.
2. Las Brisas: This steakhouse is known for its welcoming atmosphere, huge wine list, and great steaks. If you aren’t a beef-eater, don’t despair. Las Brisas also offers a good selection of salads, seafood, and vegetable side dishes.
3. Pecan Grill: Most people don’t make hotel steakhouses their first choice for a special meal, but you can make an exception for the Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel. A full selection of cuts are available, accompanied by scrumptious side dishes.
4. Harrigan’s Prime Grill: Fans of “old school” steakhouses won’t be disappointed by Harrigan’s. Founded in the late seventies, this is a fun place to get a high-quality (but surprisingly affordable) steak. Don’t miss the zucchini chips or the incredible desserts!
5. LongHorn Steakhouse: Yes, it’s a chain, but don’t let that stop you from visiting. Locals and tourists alike rave about the steaks and huge margaritas served here. Are you an appetizer fan? LongHorn is famous for tasty treats such as sweet corn fritters, handmade kettle chips, and deep fried portabella mushroom strips. On a diet but still craving a treat? Ask about their “sweet bites” mini desserts!
With choices like these, you are bound to find the best steak in Lubbock… somewhere. It’s a matter of taste, after all, and there is plenty of opportunity to try Lubbock’s incredible steakhouses. If you’re going to be in the Lubbock area for a while, be sure to check out some of the best of the best for Lubbock local businesses.
What is your favorite steakhouse in Lubbock?